Saturday, June 5, 2010

When In Rome...Shira Style


There is so much to say about Rome; its hard to know where to start. For me (Shira that is) it was four jam packed days of sight seeing! Our time in Rome overlapped with Penny, an old time family-friend. It was her first time there as well so we set out to see a handful of the sights together. How cool to rendevux in Rome with Penny. It was a pleasure! Of all the amazing places we saw, there are a few that truly stand out:

1) The Colloseum - it is a wowzer! As soon as I walked in I could imagine everything covered in marble, the seats filled with people and the gladiators fighting for their lives against great beasts. Needless to say I used my imagination, it is quite impressive!
2) St. Peters Basillica - this is by far the largest church I have ever been in (obviously). The ceilings seem to practically touch the sky and there is gold everywhere. It seemed to go on forever. I was blown away at the beauty and grandeur that was oozing out of every inch.
3) Sistine Chapel - after winding through what seemed like miles of the Vatican Museum, Penny and I finally found ourselves entering the Sistine Chapel. Michael Angelo' ceiling was incredible and I stood with hundreds of other people stairing up at it for as long as I could.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment